Monday, October 31, 2016

Change database collation for heidisql

Tags




I am a web developer and using window for my development. Php is my main language and for mysql I am using heidisql. For some reason, I unable to set the collation of the table using the GUI.
So I search over the internet for the query and finally found it!

This is the query to change the collation.

DATABASE
ALTER DATABASE dbname CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
 
TABLE

ALTER TABLE tbl_name CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci; 
 
NOTE: There are a lot of collation type, change it based on your need.
 
utf8 are used for those non-alphabet words like traditional chinese, 
simple Chinese, Spain and others.


If you think that this tutorial is useful, please share it! thanks!

Source : Change collation using query for mysql
 
 
 


EmoticonEmoticon